Peruvian Treasure Chest Found on Craigslist!!
You would not believe how amazing this haul was. I posted an ad on Craigslist.org saying that I buy gold, silver, and coins, and I got a response from a guy who said he had inherited his grandfather's coin collection and was looking to sell it.
Many of my transactions begin this way and some yield really nice stuff while others are total junk. This, of course, ended up being one of the former.
To see what I got in this amazing Craigslist haul, watch the video above. But before you do, I have a challenge I want to put forth:
I get messages all the time from people telling me that they cannot do what I do because there are no garage sales in their area or that garage sales are seasonal so they can't buy anything good in the off season. I say that's no excuse!
In my area, garage sales are seasonal as well, but I find creative ways to keep making deals even in the off season. There are tons of ways to source deals. My challenge to you is to go out and try some!
Below is a list of a few ideas that might be good starts:
1. Post or respond to an ad on Craigslist.org
2. Post or respond to a thread on topical online forums, such as cointalk.com
3. Scan eBay for deals
4. Post an ad in your church, mosque, synagogue or other community center bulletin.
5. Post physical flyers around your neighborhood
6. Email your friends and family
7. Go to thrift stores and pawn shops to search for deals
Post a comment below and let me know how it went!